Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012

Notices

Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 Problem solving for the NT, Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012 Operating Systems

Topic Tools
Old November 11th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Can anyone tell me

Hey yall,
A friend gave me a disk that was supposed to clean out unused and old files.
When I used it, it cleaned off files I needed (I think).My question is can I just put my 2000 O.S. disk in and let it put back missing stuff.Also I can't open jpg's in outlook express anymore.Can someone pls help this old fireman.
Old November 17th, 2008, 05:29 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Yes, you can do an Overinstall of Win2000 and it will fill in all files that are needed. Do an Upgrade. (This could also fix your jpg problem) Wait till you do the Install and see if you can view jpg's, if not, then post back and we'll try to figure out the problem.

A piece of advice. When you use a program like that you stand a chance of losing alot of needed files. I never recomend anyone using this type program unless they really really really know what they are doing.

You can manually delete any files like images etc that you dont need/use anymore. Then use this program to remove junk files like Temp internet files etc. www.ccleaner.com It is excellant and is the best of its kind.
Old December 1st, 2008, 04:58 AM

Thank you for your advise.The computer I was trying to fix was killed in a little fire I had last week,but thanks again for your help.