Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:05 PM

Javascript error- "javascript:void(0);" Help?

Hi. I've re-installed Java, enabled it on Firefox, and turned off all pop-up blockers and yet when I try to access java links on my browser I only get "javascript:void(0);" as an error message in the bottom left of the browser.

I've tried opening the links in other windows and tabs but I just get blank pages. It's quite odd and I don't know what to do.

If anyone has any info on stopping the "javascript:void(0);" error from coming up in my situation it would be very, very helpful.

here's a site for example that isn't working for me- http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:23 PM
CTH Subscriber

First off, Java and Javascript are two different things. Jave allows us to run games, movies, etc. Javascript is a scripting language most often used for client-side web development. If you're getting that message something is wrong with the website, and is not likely at your end.
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:28 PM

I see, yet i've tried the website at another computer at the house and it works perfectly fine. I got the website to work on my main computer a week ago as well.
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:02 PM
CTH Subscriber

On your computer, do you have the options setup correctly in IE to disable script debugging? It's in Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab.