Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old May 24th, 2017, 09:22 PM

Blocking junk email

Hi. Hope I’m in the right place. Lately I’ve been receiving lots of junk mail. I have, where available, unsubscribed to the emails. I also began to block the emails. The sender is somehow altering its address and I’m still getting emails. All the emails I’ve been getting are in the same format just different “on behalf of” names. I’m not sure if we are allowed to show emails on this site so I have altered the name to show as an example.

Example:

Replenish 911 <email@online.abc.com>; on behalf of; Replenish 911 def@e.defemail.com

HSI Alert <email@online.abc.com>; on behalf of; HSI Alert def@e.defemail.com

I know little about computers but I was able to go into the email blocked folder and found
email@online.abc.com and def@e.defemail.com (not real address) were blocked.

Is there any way I can block the sender? Thank you.
Old July 26th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Didn't see this thread, and a darn late reply now. You don't mention which email provider you use, but if you tag each of them as Spam, you train the spam filter to block them. Spam filters can be kinda intuitive over time and pick up on your intent.
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:42 PM

Thanks I'll give it a try.