Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old June 11th, 2015, 09:47 PM

JS/PROXY virus-Moved by Murf

I have a laptop pc running windows 7 home premium addition. I keep getting virus warnings.

"Virus found JS/Proxy"

"c:users\Bernie\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\te mporary internet files\content.IE5\NQAN8JAZ\proxy[1].pac"

I am running AVG AntiVirus Free and spybot search and destroy. AVG detects and removes the virus but then it comes back. I have run several full scans using AVG and Spybot to no avail. I would appreciate any assistance in removal of the virus.

I am NOT computer savy so please keep it as simple as possible. THANK YOU...
Old June 12th, 2015, 04:15 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Let me move this over to our malware removal forum they can get rid of it for you.
Old June 12th, 2015, 05:24 AM

Thank you. I was unaware of a malware forum...
Old June 17th, 2015, 09:38 PM

I believe I may have resoled the issue and would like to share. I was unable to find a way to remove the Virus. My son was having a problem with his laptop running slow although no virus was detected. He decided to delete his profile and then make a new one. For some reason this worked. So I did the same thing for my Wife's laptop that had the virus. It has been several days now and the laptops running fine. No virus detected.

I recommend backing up all your files, music, photos etc, as well as browser bookmarks and favorites. If you use firefox or chrome these will need to be reinstalled.

Good luck...