Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:02 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Page loads multiple times?!

Hi I have a emachines eM 350 Series Netbook with Windows 7 Starter, N450 Atom Processor, 2Gb Ram.

Within the last month or so when I click on Internet Explorer the MSN.com page begins to load with a "fan effect" at the top of the screen of multiple pages (6?). It's as if it were a deck of cards fanned into straight steps at the top of the screen, each step measures about 1/8 of an inch, just enough to reveal that it is the same page multiple loading. The steps resolve/disappear in about 2 seconds and i then have the page loaded apparently fine.
It came with a 1GB strip which i replaced w/a 2GB strip, any suggestions.

Thank You in advance.

Last edited by cjcride; January 3rd, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Hello cjcride,

Go to Control Panel - Internet Options - General tab. Any chance you have those many MSN pages loaded as your Home page?
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:14 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
the general tab setting showed one entry (http://www.msn.com/?pc=bdtdhp), so i asked it to revert to default which said emachines etc. After rebooting same problem so i went to IE and asked it to revert to default. A warning popped up stating only do this if system is unstable, I paused for a moment & did it. Reboot and all is well!

Thank You Jintan
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator