Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:53 AM

Unhappy "Kernel DLL Debugger is missing, or corrupt."

Computer: Acer Aspire
Program: Windows 7

My laptop restarted automatically for a Windows Update. Now, it is failing to start back up saying, "Kernel DLL Debugger is missing, or corrupt."
I've tried doing Safe Mode, Safe Mode Command Prompt, and I recently purchased a PC Windows 7 System Recovery Disk, but nothing has worked!
It is really bothering me because I'm a university student and I need my laptop to do my class work. Someone please help!
Old February 9th, 2012, 02:18 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
If you have tried to do a system recovery and that did not work then you will prob have to do a system restore. if this is an option you want to explore let us know
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:01 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Welcome to CTH

Did you try "Last Known Configuration" ? If so when you boot from the WIndows 7 DVD, did it recognize it? Did a menu come up and you can chose "Repair"?
Old February 12th, 2012, 05:38 AM

I have the same problem. It started 3 days ago. I don't even have a CD Drive on my Acer Aspire laptop. i just purchase this laptop on sunday. I hate my life.