Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old February 25th, 2011, 06:26 PM

System state restore on server -- now can't log on locally & domain not found.

W2k3 network. Terminal server crashed and required a re-format and reinstall. I restored the C: drive, the utility partition and then the system state. Once I restored the system state I could no longer log on to the server. The error message states that the domain controllers are not reachable. I went through the process twice, first restoring all three at once and then holding off on the system state and doing it after booting to "directory services restore mode". Same outcome.

Any help is appreciated.
Old February 25th, 2011, 07:18 PM

Let me clarify that: the error message states that the computer account is not found on the domain. So how do I re-establish the computer account on the domain after the system state restore?

Thanks.