Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old December 23rd, 2007, 08:55 PM

Remote Desktop connections thru Vista

I have a desktop with Windows XP Pro and am considering buying a notebook with VISTA on it... (1) can I use Remote Desktop to login to my XP Pro Desktop from a Vista notebook through a wireless connection, and (2) What version of Vista will I need in order to do this?

Thanks!
Old December 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM

Hello mprotass,

The Remote Desktop client is available in Home editions as well as Ultimate in Vista if you need to access the XP Pro machine. If you plan on using Remote Desktop features with Vista you'll want to consider going for Ultmate or Business edititon of Vista depending on your needs.

Any computer with the client will remotely access a machine with Remote Desktop feature enabled.