Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:38 PM

Help! I dont know what whats wrong with my laptop.

I have this Acer Aspire 5100-3583 series notebook, I purchased last December.
It was working fine until last friday it popped up saying it needed to be charged. So I plugged it in and in the mean time it said it was hibernating, ok so after it fully charged I go to start it up. It shows the Acer logo and proceeds to the black screen showing what the computer is loading before it goes to the windows screen. It stays than at the black screen and says I have 28 seconds to choose from the following because windows did not start up properly. I have safe mode. safe mode with networking etc. I have chosen almost every one of them and after I do it goes to the black Windows screen like its loading and than it restarts and goes back to the black screen with all the options. A friend of mine once had a similar problem and it was the fan so I opened up my laptop and the fan works fine. But now I dont know what it could be. Can someone help me?

Aspire 5100-3583
-AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology
Mk36 (2.0 GHz, 512kb L2 cache)
-15.4 WXGA wide crystalbrite LCD
-ATI Raedon Xpress 1100
-80GB PATA HDD
-DVD
-1 GB DDR2
-802.11 B/G wireless lan

Last edited by Kellym; September 11th, 2007 at 07:58 PM.