Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:17 PM

Uninstall XP primary partition

Hi,

I have one harddrive with two partitions. Both partitions have an installation of XP pro and both are fully updated.

However, the reason I created the secondary installation of XP was because the first (original installation) was having major faults that nothing and nobody seemed to be able to identify or indeed fix.

Anyway, now that I have my second instance of XP running I'd like to format the original partition so I can use the space it will provide.

I realise that the Boot.ini still resides on the primary partition and so will not allow the partition to be formatted. How can get around this? What steps can be taken?

Please note that I do not have a floppy drive.

To summarise current situation:

Primary boot partition is C: drive (the one i want to remove)
Secondary boot partition is I: drive (the one i want to become to primary somehow)

Many Thanks