Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old October 6th, 2015, 05:29 AM

Cant get computer out of safe mode

On tuesday I went to use my computer and couldnt get connected to the internet, it kept saying "diagnostics policy service is nit running". After looking through forums to try and fix this I came across one which suggested I downloaded the windows repair tool from tweaking.com. I went to the repair tab and left it for a few hours to do the repairs. However it hasn't fixed the problem and now my computer will only boot up in safe mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea whats going on!
Old October 6th, 2015, 06:03 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Welcome to CTH

In Safe Mode do the following:

Go to start ,search and type:- cmd, right click on returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
press enter then type:

net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
press enter then type:

exit

press enter and restart your computer

If this doesn't work then you can restore to a date before the problem started:

In search type system restore

That opens the System Restore wizard and from here you can choose the recommended restore point, which is the most recent one