Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old August 2nd, 2019, 10:59 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Alcohol Consumption

After all I grew up believing that Aussies were the biggest drinkers on the planet, what with Fosters, the first higher alcohol beer arriving in the US, and all the tales (and of course Crocodile Dundee), be darned if Australia isn't 19th in alcohol drinking. And I was equally surprised that old tea and crumpets England came in as high as 25.

As expected, vodka loving Mother Russia did score number 5 in drinking. But sadly enough, the best the US could do is 48. I honestly thought with what I personally consume we would have been higher up.
Old August 2nd, 2019, 11:01 AM

Here's the list.
Old August 2nd, 2019, 06:56 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

O/S: Linux
Sorry Tom, I'm contributing to the UK performance right now
Old August 2nd, 2019, 09:44 PM

Tea and crumpets?
Old August 2nd, 2019, 09:45 PM

Whatever a crumpet is.
Old August 2nd, 2019, 09:47 PM

As I understand it, a crumpet is similar to a "biscuit", though we through a crumpet in a toaster and cover it butter.
Old August 2nd, 2019, 09:52 PM

Whatever, but for you pm comment, not a damn chance.
Old August 4th, 2019, 12:55 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
A crumpet is also a nice looking Shelia, but while Shelias are usually found in Australia, crumpets are usually found in the UK.

On a different, but rather wet blanket note, medical science has determined that there is no safe level of Alcohol. I believe I have the evidence to confirm that. Now at 76 and having been a moderate beer drinker many years ago, I had many similarly aged friends and workmates who were also beer drinkers. While I reduced my intake and eventually virtually gave up, initially due to economic reasons and later from family responsibility reasons, many of my workmates and social friends moved on to heavy beers and spirits. The sad news is that the whole lot of them are now dead. Cancer being the prime cause. Academic studies have identified a link, see details.
Old August 4th, 2019, 03:37 PM

Fortunately, I only drink on days that start with a T. Like Thursday, and Thaturday, and Thunday.
Old August 6th, 2019, 10:53 AM

I'm actually just a binge drinker. Been on my current binge going on 10 years now.
Old August 7th, 2019, 04:47 PM
CTH Subscriber

Thumbs up Help Is On It's Way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
Fortunately, I only drink on days that start with a T. Like Thursday, and Thaturday, and Thunday.
Thank gawd the biggest majority of folks (myself included) within this community don't drink anything like the amounts of beverages you're telling us about. My very reliable source (who wishes to remain anonymous) (is that right Mr Bean, you wanted to remain anonymous?) gave me a link to a very good website that has all sorts of information and give great advice regarding to trying to give up on the booze. To be honest I haven't seen the page myself, because I don't need such information. But I am told the web page does have some very good reviews and endorsements, so I would very strongly suggest/recommend that you at least take a look and hopefully it will help you, and you'll be thanking me and my reliable source!

Oh by the way, if the web page above does help you, and you do finally quit chugging alcoholic beverages down yer neck, Mr Zipulrich is willing to buy any (full only) cans/bottles you have left, if the price is right!!

Link to the web page that'll save you.......

https://www.helpmetosoberupbeforeitstoolate.org

You're welcome.
Old August 7th, 2019, 05:46 PM

That, my friendly featherduster, is an outright lie.

I'll buy half-empties, too
Old August 10th, 2019, 04:27 PM
CTH Subscriber

OMG!!! You're cheaper than I gave you credit for!!
Old August 23rd, 2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
After all I grew up believing that Aussies were the biggest drinkers on the planet, what with Fosters, the first higher alcohol beer arriving in the US, and all the tales (and of course Crocodile Dundee), be darned if Australia isn't 19th in alcohol drinking. And I was equally surprised that old tea and crumpets England came in as high as 25.

As expected, vodka loving Mother Russia did score number 5 in drinking. But sadly enough, the best the US could do is 48. I honestly thought with what I personally consume we would have been higher up.
Hi guys. I don't drink any alcohol and it is really sad that in some countries like Russia, for example, it has 5 scores as you mentioned. I like drinking good black or green tea with some chocolate
Old August 23rd, 2019, 10:05 PM
CTH Subscriber

this thread reminds me of that thread from many years ago with a flash file about alcohol consumption - how much prettier a woman was after every beer. Wish I could find it.