Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:24 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Weird behavior in My Documents folder...

Hi folks...

I'm experiencing some strange behavior in the My Documents folder that just started happening today. I'm trying to view the contents of the "Funny Videos" subfolder in thumbnail view. Here's what happens... I click on Start, My Documents, then the Funny Videos Folder. I have no problems viewing (or playing) the contents of the folder until I click on View/Thumbnails. Then I get this message...

The instruction at “0x03624077” referenced memory at “0x00000000”. The memory could not be “read”.

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

It doesn't matter if I click on OK or CANCEL, either way the folder closes and I'm back to the desktop. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? I've already tried deleting the thumbnails file so it will rebuild itself the next time I open the folder. It rebuilds fine then displays the same error message. Help!

squirekat (Mark)