Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old January 31st, 2024, 01:17 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Elon cops one in the Groin

Quote:
Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla, suffered a stunning rebuke on Tuesday when a Delaware judge voided the pay package that helped make him a billionaire many times over and the world’s wealthiest human.
In a decision that cast a harsh light on the behaviour of Musk and Tesla’s board of directors, Chancellor Kathaleen St. J. McCormick of the Delaware Court of Chancery said the CEO had effectively overseen his own compensation plan with the help of compliant board members.
see details:

Poor chap, how will he survive?
Old January 31st, 2024, 02:05 PM

I must confess to being perplexed. A democratic nation built on folks making economic decisions that make companies profitable and a judge is allowed to curtail decisions about who can sit on a board of directors (Essentially one of the issues here, yes?) and, most importantly, a judge can state how much money a person can make?

That article consistently states that the pay package was based upon how well the company did, but that is not proper?

Maybe I'm just some dumb farmer type with no sense except at which end to milk my cows. Oh yeah, you reckon that judge will allow me to buy one of them auto milking devices, or is that going too far as an incentive for me to place more milk on the market?

Well, folks can simply move their companies out of Delaware, right? Then the citizens of that state will follow because the state taxes will increase to make up for those companies leaving.

Yep, me is perplexed!

And I wonder what sort of degree in economics that judge has?
Old January 31st, 2024, 04:54 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sMe View Post
I must confess to being perplexed.
Apparently you have no concept of unconscionable conduct, self serving actions or even plain greed? Perhaps the judge has!
Old February 1st, 2024, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
Apparently you have no concept of unconscionable conduct, self serving actions or even plain greed? Perhaps the judge has!
So you want to focus on your beliefs about my character and not on any of my thoughts about freedoms allowed in a democratic nation?

I mean, a judicial system in a nation being allowed to control pay packages is of no concern to you, Ned Seagoon? Today a big money fella and that door is now open, so tomorrow a worker with a small pay package. No problem for you, correct?

Fine, you are entitled to your own views.

BUT you are now seemingly impinging upon my own character, because I posted my thoughts.

Yes, you did use the qualifying vocabulary "apparently" but that is like a parachute to aid in a soft landing - - - you still kicked me out of the plane:

You followed that cute qualifying vocabulary with "you have no concept of" and that is very interesting, as I didn't know you knew me in such a personal way.

No sweat. But let's look at the source of your contentions about those three ideas I have no concept of.

"But a group of Tesla shareholders challenged the package ..." < That is not any sort of self serving action? >

"that cast a harsh light" < Written into the article by Jack Ewing and Peter Eavis and I am not sure how that matches the three character flaws you seem to know I have. In fact, isn't that their opinion. You sure have a strong belief in their opinions, Ned Seagoon. I guess you know those two very well. >

"was deeply flawed" < [Judge McCormick] I'm not sure how that relates to my three character flaws you have me down for possessing, Ned Seagoon, but as that is a quote from the judge I'd better place it into this response.>

Maybe this should be included into my study of the specifics of the article:

“It’s an incredibly important decision because it establishes that there is such a thing as excessive compensation,” said Sarah Anderson, global economy project director at the Institute for Policy Studies, a progressive research group. < That is an opinion, but I suppose that might support your contention Ned Seagoon that I condone greed. Or something like that. >

‘In the final analysis, Musk launched a self-driving process, recalibrating the speed and direction along the way as he saw fit. The process arrived at an unfair price.’ < [Judge McCormick] But how does that 'judgment' relate to my character flaws you have identified me with, Ned Seagoon?>

And I did not see any reference in your response to my point about this, Ned Seagoon.

Quote:
When it devised the stock options package in 2018, Tesla’s board said Musk would be paid only if the company produced exceptional results and its stock price soared.
< Jack Ewing and Peter Eavis >

You just kinda wanted to make points about who I am and how I think and not about what that article contained?

Don't get me wrong, anyone, I don't mind slander thrown at me, but I think I have a right in a free society to ask about why the slander was thrown, yes?

Or am I to just let the slander remain and not respond? I have used no profanity. I've used no slanderous vocabulary. I've broken no rules. Are you moderators going to dictate to me how I am to answer Ned? Dictate to me what style I must stick to? Just wondering in advance if low message count citizens of this community are stepped all over by the high message count citizens?

Yep, I have no concept of so many things. Poor stupid me.
Old February 1st, 2024, 05:04 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

"Are you moderators going to dictate to me how I am to answer Ned?"

Nope. Not when you are as gracious and eloquent as you've been.
Old February 1st, 2024, 06:53 AM
CTH Subscriber

Talk about insults:
Quote:
Maybe I'm just some dumb farmer type
Now that is insulting, where would we be be without farmers?
Old February 1st, 2024, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
Talk about insults:

Now that is insulting, where would we be be without farmers?
You are absolutely correct! That was more than a stupid statement by me!! Much worse than just stupid!!!

I sincerely apologize!!!!
Old February 1st, 2024, 05:51 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sMe View Post
I sincerely apologize!!!!
Accepted, thank you.
Old February 2nd, 2024, 09:23 PM

O/S: Linux
He will be OK I just started a give a little page for the poor bustard..