Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old April 15th, 2020, 12:31 AM

Windows won't boot

I shut down windows normally. I noticed that 168 updates were installed. When I restarted the blue screen said "Failed to configure updates. Reverting changes". I let this run for several hours and nothing changed.I tried running startup repair, but no luck. Not sure what I can try next. Looking forward to your suggestions.
Thanx
Jim
Old April 15th, 2020, 01:47 AM

Well the situation did finally resolve itself. I just let the PC sit for a very long time, however the 168 updates were not installed. I am going to try installing them again and see what happens.
Jim
Old April 15th, 2020, 03:49 AM

I resolved the problem. I installed the updates and did not receive that message again.
Jim
Old April 15th, 2020, 06:00 PM

Thanks for coming back and posting your solution.
Old April 16th, 2020, 12:01 AM

Your very welcome!
Jim
Old June 28th, 2020, 10:14 AM

For this problem, you can try the “Last Known Good Configuration”. It is a recovery option that Microsoft built into all versions of Windows. If the “Windows failed to boot” problem is caused by one of the following factors, you can try this function.

①A driver update, a newly-applied Windows Update or Automatic Update;
②Viruses, trojans, and rootkits interfering with the normal PC startup sequence;
③Newly-installed hardware conflicting with other devices;
④Newly-installed software incorrectly written or conflicting with other programs.
Step 1. Reboot your PC from the Windows installation disk or DVD, and click “Next” on the Windows Setup window.

Step 2. Click “Repair your computer”.

Step 3. Then click “Troubleshoot” and then “Advanced Boot Options”.

Step 4. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to choose “Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)” (it may appear subtly different in older or newer versions of Windows), and then press “Enter”. Windows will start normally.