Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:31 PM

My comp restarts automatically. Help me! The cd-rom drive goes crazy!!!

yo

Someone help me I got a big problem. My comp restarts automatically just after I've turned on the comp. Man it's so annoyin. It hoots and the cd rom drives begin to blink and all that. I've tried to remove the cords and all that, tried to remove all the cord connections wit the cd-rom drives. I really don't know what the problem is. Is it because I've played alot and it's burned down? Or because of the heat? hmmm... Please help me. I need the comp, really. Please I beg you, answer if you kno anything, I don't kno a lot about computers so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Make doubly sure all cables and wires are connected correctly and firmly inside the computer, then see if it will boot into Safe Mode.

To boot into Safe Mode, begin repeatedly pressing and releasing the F8 key (top row of keys on the keyboard) as soon as the computer starts up. If it beeps at you every time you press the F8 key, that means it registered the key press so you can stop pressing it.

That will get you to the boot menu where you can choose Safe Mode.

If it will boot, and run correctly, in Safe Mode, the cause is probably not hardware.

Did you install any new software or hardware right before the problem began? If so, that's the first thing to suspect of causing trouble.