Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM

virus, trojan-has rmeoved my control panel

hi, i previously had a trojan called tibs c on my computer which i wasnt to concerned about however now i went on a website that randomly said "connecting to PC" or something like that and since then i can not enter my internet properties it says i have insufficient admin rights and it has removed my control panel, furthermore when i do scan it find problems e.g. change to boot sector and in the C drive, however soon after some icon appears (yellow triangle with explanation mark) telling me to download some anti spywhere program which i havnt done so far as i dont trust the icon, can you please tell me a solution.

thankyou
Old August 1st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
You are correct in not responding to the popup ad you're getting. It sounds like you've picked up a stubborn malware infection.

Click Here to open a post which has a link to download Hijack This and a link to a good animated tutorial on how to use it.

Once you have a Hijack This log, don't try to fix anything, just start a new thread in the Cyber Safety forum and paste your Hijack This log in for the experts there to analyze and help you get rid of whatever malware may be present.

Cyber Safety is always busy but they will get to you. Please be patient.
Old August 1st, 2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
You are correct in not responding to the popup ad you're getting. It sounds like you've picked up a stubborn malware infection.

Click Here to open a post which has a link to download Hijack This and a link to a good animated tutorial on how to use it.

Once you have a Hijack This log, don't try to fix anything, just start a new thread in the Cyber Safety forum and paste your Hijack This log in for the experts there to analyze and help you get rid of whatever malware may be present.

Cyber Safety is always busy but they will get to you. Please be patient.
hi, im stuggling to get that hijack program to work, all it keeps saying is that it wants to make a new directory or something like that and i cant find a proper install button
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:31 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
It's a zip file when you download it. When you unzip it, it will make a folder to unzip to if you let it. Let it.

Once it's unzipped, open the folder it unzipped itself to and run it.

Click Here to open the first page of an animated tutorial on how to use it.