Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:19 PM

Computer Stutter

Hi Guys I'm hoping you can help me with a strange problem ive experienced recently.

I installed Crysis on my computer, which i assume changed some drivers, since then my computer has started stuttering when ive scrolled too fast in an internet explorer (any of them), and its really bad when i play online games like Guild Wars (my favorite game so this is annoying me a lot).

I have tried updating all my drivers plus uninstalled Crysis. I have even re-installed windows since then and nothing seems to work, could it be a hardware problem (overheated card) bearing in mind i played crysis for a while after installing before trying the other games?

Any help would be useful. Thanks.
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:02 PM

What are your computer specs like RAM, CPU, video card RAM, OS? You can use software like the free Speccy, from the makers of Ccleaner, for some detail info.

You mentioned you reloaded Windows, so that "should have" fixed the problem. However, if the game required more power than the video card could handle, maybe it did get too hot and damaged itself. Does your system meet or surpass the game's requirments? I always have problems with games even when my specs are 10X beyond the game's "recommended" requirments.

Keep posted.