Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old December 3rd, 2023, 05:38 AM

Angry

Have somethin' bothering ya and wanna share it,do it here

I tell ya,ya cant even get good ORGANIC STUFF without worrying if its got crap in it that shouldnt be there!!!!!!!

My dad makes me mac and beef w/all organic ingredients and after I eat this last batch my throat was bothering me and one of my teeth so I checked the cans of tomato paste and diced tomatos and the organic diced tomatos have CALCIUM CHLORIDE in them!!

How the hell did they get thier stuff certified organic with that garbage in it???

I tell ya,im trying to avoid crap like this and also Xantham gum and they are even in supposedly organic food!!

Last edited by The Dude; December 3rd, 2023 at 05:43 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2023, 05:52 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Calcium chloride is all natural. It comes from limestone. Limestone, afaik, isn't garbage.
Old December 3rd, 2023, 06:07 AM

Hmmm it shouldnt bother me then.......

I dunno....... Nice to see you Zip!!

Your mi$$ed around these parts!
Old February 7th, 2024, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Have somethin' bothering ya and wanna share it,do it here

I tell ya,ya cant even get good ORGANIC STUFF without worrying if its got crap in it that shouldnt be there!!!!!!!
My dad makes me mac and beef w/all organic ingredients and after I eat this last batch my throat was bothering me and one of my teeth so I checked the cans of tomato paste and diced tomatos and the organic diced tomatos have CALCIUM CHLORIDE in them!!

How the hell did they get thier stuff certified organic with that garbage in it???

I tell ya,im trying to avoid crap like this and also Xantham gum and they are even in supposedly organic food!!
It can be challenging to find true organic products free of chemicals like xanthan gum or calcium chloride because these substances can be present in even certified organic products.
Old February 7th, 2024, 08:59 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Dude, you might be surprised at 20 Scary-Sounding Food Additives That Are Actually Harmless
Old February 7th, 2024, 09:40 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfrank View Post
It can be challenging to find true organic products free of chemicals like xanthan gum or calcium chloride because these substances can be present in even certified organic products.
It might surprise you to learn that everything is made of chemicals, all chemicals are elements or combinations of elements that are found on the periodic table. The elimination of chemicals results in a void, which is what is found in the brains of those who sprout this nonsense.
Old February 7th, 2024, 12:55 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Xanthan gum explained on the page I linked to above:
If you've ever enjoyed luxuriously creamy yogurt or pudding that's "magically" low in fat, you may have xanthan gum to thank. As a thickener, xanthan gum can act as the "glue" to improve the texture of gluten-free foods, making it your new best friend if you grapple with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. It's also relatively harmless, says Thompson. "Some people with very sensitive digestive systems may experience digestive issues, but in general, it is extremely safe to use."
Old February 13th, 2024, 06:48 AM

Well I know 2 of those things I have problems with Miz!

1) Xantham Gum - I have had flu like symptoms form eating something with this crap in it and I have even read it can cause these.....

2) Lactic Acid - I have problems with my throat if I have something with this garbage in it so I try to avoid it..........