Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old March 22nd, 2005, 04:22 PM

gmail taking over my other mail?

hey all, when i try to send mail out of any website from my computer, i get the address below in my browser. and it goes there and hangs up. to the point of having to copy the email address directly in my hotmail OR gmail accounts to GET OUT! yes, i have a Gmail account.

http://gmail.google.com/gmail?view=c...ition.com&fs=1
Old March 22nd, 2005, 04:39 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Quote:
when i try to send mail out of any website from my computer
What do you mean by any website?

What program do you usually use to send mail?
Old March 22nd, 2005, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsy
What do you mean by any website?

What program do you usually use to send mail?
any site that has an email. like i'm applying for jobs right now and i try to send them a resume through THEIR site mail. i usually use hotmail but have many accounts. one is Gmail. thx again
Old March 22nd, 2005, 06:50 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

still not sure.

You are at a website and when they ask for your email you input me@gmail.com and it redirects you to the url that you posted above?
Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsy
still not sure.

You are at a website and when they ask for your email you input me@gmail.com and it redirects you to the url that you posted above?
no no, when i try to send THEM mail at THEIR site. you know like i'm at joe blow tractors website. they say to apply, go to joeblow@tractors.com on their site. so when i click on joeblow@tractors.com to send them mail, i get a Gmail address in my bowser and it hangs up going nowhere.

anyway, i found a fix for the hangup but i still want Gmail to not take over my hotmail,yahoo,etc mail accounts. oh well-----Gmail is still in beta...
Old March 24th, 2005, 03:24 AM

I am having a similar problem, when I click on any mailto: links it will open up abou 60 internet explorer windows and doesn't open up gmail in firefox. I am using firefox as my default browser, and internet explorer is on my system too...I have Gmail Notifier installed, that also has Firefox selected as my default browser, and it still wacks out on me. I have looked for options in my Outlook Express program to either select or deselect it as my default mail program, but haven't found anything. Has anyone experienced this problem?TIA