Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:03 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Question Media Player

When I click to play an audio file, Quicktime opens, and it shouldn't.

How do I stop Quicktime from trying to play audio files?
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:30 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
sounds like you have quicktime as your default player. go to a audio file in windows explorer, right click it, click on open or open with, then select the audio player you want to use.
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar View Post
When I click to play an audio file, Quicktime opens, and it shouldn't.

How do I stop Quicktime from trying to play audio files?
What type of audio file are you playing? .wav, mp3? If you windows media player or any other media players other than Quicktime to play your audio files, open media player, then go to tools/options/settings then look for something that deals with formats. You will see checkbox beside each file extension, just check all and that player will play all audio files you have in your computer.