Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old September 20th, 2006, 03:28 AM

www Security Talk

Well this was in the news a while ago but, it sounds like Microsoft made a smart move. They hired hackers to poke holes in their OS. Why didn't they think of that a long time ago. From how that guy on CallForHelp "TechTV" made it sound that other OS's unlike Microsoft have been more secure. It sucks that Linux never seemed that strong in the market. We need another company that would be able to kick Microsoft in the foot. Problem is I don't know how stable Google would be however, they were a good start but, doesn't seem like they want to go that far. What I like about Google is their upgrading method, unlike Microsoft. It seems to me that you wouldn't have to press a button just to upgrade. But than can I trust Google using that method.

Another thing on security is that Government laws Canada/US need to be passed, such as Spyware laws. I hate that I have to install Anti-Spyware just to help my computer from acting stupid. If simple laws like this were put in to place there would be less things to worry about.

Please feel free to add your opinions on tech security or add related links!!

Last edited by DJoe; September 20th, 2006 at 03:41 AM.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Quote:
I have to install Anti-Spyware just to help my computer from acting stupid.
I often have a beverage to keep from acting stupid.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:51 AM

Good One.

My mind has been stupid at times, no not the computer, the hummer one. I think there's a spelling mistake oh human there we go. Are you reffering to Coffee, that wakes me out of Standby. Wait that doesn't make you smarter that just makes you peppy. Than I wonder what the Beverage is?
Couldn't be Bud Light, boy I'm stumped.

Wait a second your 10years old what are doing working at CTH. You must be above average smart, well your under canadian age for drinking or CDN/US voting in a new government.

Last edited by DJoe; September 20th, 2006 at 05:11 AM.