Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 6th, 2005, 09:47 PM

Computer freezes on black screen after login screen

I was just about to put a 2nd hard drive into my computer that had a lot of data on it that I was going to transfer onto an mp3 player. I've put this hard drive in before, and no problems. Anyway, I put it in there, and it booted to the XP login screen (with the blue progress bar), and afterwards the monitor cuts out and I can't get it back on. The computer doesn't shot down, and the activity light is still occasionally active. I'm currently on the internet with safe mode, and the 2nd hard drive is out.

What should I do about this, and if the hard drive is damaged, can I get the data off of the hard drive?