Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old November 13th, 2008, 03:24 AM

Laptop Screen turns black when folded

I dont know if this topic should go in this section but I recently purchased a ASUS F8 Series F8Sp-X1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 from newegg 2 days ago. Whenever I fold the laptop as in the screen put down, the screen would turn black, when I unfold the laptop the screen would stay black but the power is still on. Does anyone know what the problem is with this?

Last edited by CodeLeech; November 13th, 2008 at 04:01 AM.
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:26 AM
CTH Subscriber

closing a laptop usually puts it into sleep or suspend mode, after opening it back up, I just hit the touchpad and the screen returns.
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:08 AM

thanks for the reply, I tried pressing everything from the keyboard to the touchpad, nothing worked
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:56 PM
CTH Subscriber

can you restart it? If not, disconnect the ac power, pull the battery, and hold down the power button for 30sec. Put it back together and see if it will power up.
Old November 14th, 2008, 05:39 AM

I can restart the computer by pressing the power button and pressing it again, but after it starts up and gets to the user log on page, it will maintain a black screen. The only way to exit this state is to wait about 1 hour before using this laptop again. I have tried what you said, that did not work.
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:46 PM
CTH Subscriber

can you get into safe mode? when powering on the laptop hit the F8 button, you will get a screen with a couple of options select safe mode. see if it boots all the way to the desktop.