Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:38 AM

Vista mail not receving on port 110

Hi I recently tried using Sharkmodem software to use a blackberry as a tethered modem, which I could not get working so I uninstalled it, but know I am unable to receive email through port 110. I noticed the sharkmodem software had setup its own proxy to redirect the POP and STMP ports I have checked and resetup my mail account even by using another mail client, but I get the same problem. I can send from both the clients but am unable to receive. I suspect some REG key has been changed, can anyone shed some light?
Old August 6th, 2008, 06:30 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Welcome to CTH

Are you using a firewall? Port 110 may be blocked. If not and your using Windows Firewall check to make sure it isn't blocked.

Windows Firewall configuration, clicked on Advanced tab and
clickd on the Defaults button on the bottom. See if Port 110 is blocked or you may have to give it an exception.
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:30 AM

Hi Murf
I am using the windows firewall and have checked the settings and port 110 is not being blocked I have disabled the firewall which has not helped.