Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 9th, 2007, 12:11 AM

Windows media player don't work after new video card software installation

Hello guys.
I just bought a new video card ( < --- this but with 256MB) . I install hardware just fine. When I restart pc it asked me for the drivers and I put the installation CD as usual.

The problem is that now I can’t use windows media player. When I am trying to watch a avi for example it has voice but not picture.

I uninstall ATI software and windows media player worked. The thing is that when I open pc asks for drivers and I have to put the installation CD again. Again the same if I say “yes” and install ATI drivers and software.

The software package includes thing like 1) ATI display drivers 2) AVIVO codecs 3) Microsoft C++ ..something.. and 4) ATI screen drivers..

I choose not to install some of them but the problem remains.

If u know something give me your help pls.
Old March 9th, 2007, 06:15 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
what kind of sound card did you have before? Did you uninstall all drivers associated with it before installing the new card?
Old March 9th, 2007, 07:47 AM

re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
what kind of sound card did you have before? Did you uninstall all drivers associated with it before installing the new card?
Goodmorning.

Sound card or video card? My mobo has onboard video card and sound card. Now I change the video card. I put a PCI-E x16.