Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:26 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Problem with label factory deluxe 4

Hi............
I have a problem with a program (Label factory deluxe 4).When i try to change fonts on a project i get an error message
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object", followed by a full page of other info.

I have communicated many times with LFD 4 support and they cant come up with a solution. Can anyone help in some way?

Thanx Barry Boothman
Old April 13th, 2017, 04:31 PM

It would be good if you told us what you have tried already.

Did it used to work?
Old April 13th, 2017, 11:50 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
problem changing fonts (Lfd4)/problem history

Hi............
I have a problem with a program (Label factory deluxe 4).When i try to change fonts on a project i get an error message
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object", followed by a full page of other info.baboing@montanasky.tv

I have uninstalled /reinstalled /restarted with the same results as i mentioned above...................

Label factory deluxe 4 support sent sent me an email:
Please uninstall your existing Microsoft .Net Framework on your computer and do a computer restart.
Once your computer has restarted, please reinstall the .NET Framework v4.0.30319 using the link below.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=17851 ..........

I did that with the same results as i mentioned above...................

Label factory deluxe 4 support sent sent me an email:
There could be a possibility that a program running in the background is preventing your software from running correctly.
Follow the steps below to check if the software will run correctly without the startup programs.

1. Close any opened programs and go back to the desktop.
2. Hold down the Windows and the “R” button on your keyboard. This should pull up the run window.
3. On the Run window, type in "msconfig" without the quotes in the open field.
4. Click the OK button. This will open the System Configuration window.
5. Click the Selective Startup option on General tab.
6. Unmark Load startup items. Click Apply button.
7. Click OK button. A message indicating that the computer needs to restart will come up. Click the Restart button.

Try to open the software again. If the same issue happens, you may uninstall and reinstall your software. If the steps above
resolve the issue, it is likely that there is a startup program conflicting with your software.
It is important that you switch back to the normal startup after performing the steps listed above.

1. Repeat steps 1-4 from the above instructions.
2. Click the Normal Startup option on the General tab
3. Click Apply button. Then OK.
4. If this resolves the issue, it is likely that there is a startup program conflicting with your software.

When the computer finishes rebooting, all formerly disabled startup programs will be re-enabled.

Note: For more assistance, it is best that you get in touch with the computer manufacturer so they can
help you determine the actual program that is causing the conflict.

I did that with the same results as i mentioned above...................but I did not contact dell computers yet about this matter.

Label factory deluxe 4 support sent sent me an email:.............They asked.............
Is this only happening in this project or all the projects that you are creating? Will you please send us a copy of it so that we can replicate the issue on our end?
I replied that the problem came up with any project using the LFD4 program.I attached copys of two seperate projects. they replied that they ran those
projects on their computers, and had no problem changing fonts. LFD4 support then suggested that i install the program on a different computer
to isolate the issue further. I told them i had no other computer (what good would that have done..........They already did that!).

I then asked them to checkout some sites i had searched
(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...n-asp-net-page)
and(http://www.bing.com/search?q=%22Obje...0000&mkt=en-US)
I'm not really a whiz at reading and understanding and then carrying out those complicated manuvers and procedures. I'm afraid i'll screw something up.
I thought maybe they could steer me thru the jungle.........maybe you can.

Label factory deluxe 4 support sent sent me an email:......They asked....... We need to further isolate the issue on your computer.
Please temporarily disable your anti-virus program and test if the issue is the same. I did that with the same results as i mentioned above.

That brings the story up to date 4-13-17. I've had the earlier version of this program (Lfd 2) for several years, but i dont think i ever tried to
change fonts with that program.The version that is now on my pc is (Lfd4) I first installed it last july 10 months ago.... i dont think i ever tried to
change fonts with this newer version of the program until now.I guess i could get by without changing fonts, but then again we all need some variety
in our boring lives dont we ? I really could use some guidence with this problem.

THANKS BARRY BOOTHMAN