Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old January 19th, 2015, 04:31 AM

Full Screen Games Never Show Mouse Cursor

Any thoughts on to why in Vista when I have a game in full screen mode, any game, I never see it constantly on screen. Some games will let me see the cursor if I find a way to get it hovered over a button, otherwise it is invisible to me. Sometimes it will flicker.

Anyone know of any tricks to get a mouse to stay visible when I have a game in full screen mode?

Thank you.

Monday tomorrow.... I still not done with the 1001 projects I have.
Old January 21st, 2015, 07:41 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Try enabling pointer trails for the mouse in control panel.

Does this happen in all games?

Does it happen in Windows Mode?
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:49 PM

I realized I did not add some info and was about to and when refreshed the page saw your post. Yes, tails on. This happens only in full screen mode, and these games refuse to run in a maximized window mode. These are RTS games like Alien Shooter: Vengeance, when you need to see the cursor, or Star Trek: Armada. About a dozen or so games. I can get Left Behind: Eternal Forces in (too small for me) window mode, but the cursor not show in that still except flickering. Otherwise, mouse cursor is normal, even when movies in VLC or Youtube are maximized or full screen mode (of course it automatically is hidden after a few seconds for the movie but then pops right back when you move it). As for other full screen games I have, they would not require seeing a mouse/indicator on screen, so it is not shown at all (but if FPS it shows the eye sight aim of course).
Old January 25th, 2015, 05:32 AM

I have not tried it on all my full screen games but for the moment, it seems disabling mouse tails did the trick. I have always had my tails/trails enabled since the days of W95. It seems some full screen games not like it. So far, disabling them has worked in some games.