Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old January 5th, 2015, 01:18 AM

O/S: Windows Vista
Question Programs won't start up

I have just installed photosync on my laptop but it won't open. The same sometimes happens with I tunes
I am using Windows vista32 bit
Old January 5th, 2015, 02:12 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Did you have the problem with I Tunes before you installed photosync?
Old January 5th, 2015, 12:11 PM

Yes I did have problems with I tunes before I installed photosync. sometimes I have to restart the computer to get it going
It is temperamental. Maybe I have too much data on my laptop. It has 74GB of hard drive and only 2.07 GB free.

Last edited by Jolinmax; January 5th, 2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old January 5th, 2015, 01:14 PM

It looks like you need to do a little Housekeeping! Uninstall any unwanted applications and move large personal files to a usb hard drive. you can also defragment your drive once housekeeping is completed.

You can try running a repair for I Tunes by going to Control panel/Programs and Features, scroll to I Tunes, right click and select repair. This may resolve the issues.
Old January 5th, 2015, 02:22 PM

Smile Programs wont start up

Thank you. Even the basics defeat me. You guys are great. you tell me something simple and it works. I repaired I Tunes as you suggested and it now opens. If I have the same problem again and I uninstall I Tunes and re install it will I lose all my photos and music etc. which I have on my I Pad. I think they are in Cloud but I don't understand it too well.
I tried the repair trick with Photosync but it still won't open.

As to my other problem about housekeeping. Can I uninstall programs in Programs and features if they say the same thing eg. previous updates?. I have all my photographs on one. Do all the photographs and music on I Tunes use a use up a lot of space?

Last edited by Jolinmax; January 5th, 2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old January 5th, 2015, 03:10 PM

Firstly if you need to re-install I suggest you download the latest version of I tunes and install it over your existing version, don' t uninstall the existing version, your music and photos will be kept. It is good practice, however, to back up your files to a usb hard drive or write them on to a CD/DVD disk.

Yes, if you have a lot of stuff in I Tunes it will use a lot of space! If you have a lot of photo's I suggest you do the above back up and then delete those in I Tunes this will release space on your laptop hard drive. Dependent on how you imported you photo's to I Tunes you may also have copies elsewhere on your hard drive, for example in "Libraries/Pictures". Your music , if in mp3 or m4a format will take up a lot less space.

Best to leave previous updates just in case uninstalling removes files from current version.

Try uninstalling photosync then re-installing it by right clicking on the install/setup file and selecting "Run as Administrator".
Old January 6th, 2015, 01:09 AM

Programs won't open

I have uninstalled photosync twice, the second time I installed it fro my downloads page as I could see run as administrator there. Still no luck. The icon is on the desktop but does not respond. There is a box bottom left with drag and drop and an icon which looks grey in the strip at the bottom. When I click that it brings a box photosync settings. I must be doing something wrong. My brain is frazzled I am going to bed.
Thank you for your patience
Old January 6th, 2015, 03:09 AM

From what you have told me here, photosync is installed and working correctly!
If you now find a photo on your laptop and drag and drop it into the box, another box will open asking you to select the device to transfer the the picture to. If the box does not list any devices you will need to install the correct version of photosync to your Iphone/Ipad/ device, ensure your device is connected to your wireless network and that the photosync App is running on that device.

Also have a look at this website it contains all the help and tutorial needed.

http://www.photosync-app.com/photosy...pod-touch.html
Old January 6th, 2015, 09:51 AM

Thank you. I think I was looking for the site to open up. I will try it out later.
Do you stay up all night?