Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:51 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Exclamation Windows 7 fresh install - nothing works

Alright, here's what happened.

Windows 8 consumer preview came out. I installed it. Right overtop of my Windows 7 install (I know, I'm an idiot). Some programs didn't work with Windows 8, so I created a new partition and now I have a fresh install of Windows 7 on my W: drive. The thing is, the W: drive is fresh. So fresh, that there are no network drivers, and there's not much of anything else. How can I install the drivers for everything on that partition? Or at least the network drivers? Because once I have the network adapter driver, I can install everything else, right?

... right?
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:26 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
You will have to download the driver from the manufacturer's site. See How to find what hardware is installed in the computer