Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old August 19th, 2010, 03:25 PM

Having problem with speed on PC.

Hello i have problem with speed of my PC,i have asked in several forums that and someone tells me to upgraded chipset drivers,i upgraded and for little time it have been fast,now again is slowly i have checked the HDD that is working good or not,so i checked via HD Tune and here is screenshot

I want to thanks who will say what is the problem

If you need something please tell me.

Thank you.

Old August 20th, 2010, 12:43 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi 00smita. Try clean booting your system (see here, Step 1: Perform a clean boot). Make sure you dont download anything or surf to dodgy sites while you are running in this state because your antivirus will be disabled. If your performances degrades over time, run this way for a day or so. Do you notice any difference?

If so, that suggests one of your third party startups is causing the problem. Try the troubleshooting steps now to find out which one it is. It is a bit tedious but quite effective in isolating the troublesome software. Once you find which program is responsible, uninstall it and reboot. You will need to contact their support if reinstalling the software doesnt resolve the issue.