Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:54 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Unhappy Computer+Cable Modem won't work after a Lightning storm

Yesterday night i was using my computer nd there was a lightning storm nd i heard a loud sound nd my computer screen just went black and my computer's power button became orange and none of the lights on the cable modem were shining. Later on I tried opening up the computer but the computer's power button's light was orange once i opened it and nothing shows up on the computer screen. What should i do?
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:11 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
If it doesn't even try to boot it could be anything from the power supply to the mother board. You could try a new power supply but that may not fix it..
Old July 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
can you give some computer specs? is it custom built or manufactured by a company...also, try checking your hardware's manufacturer's website (motherboard in particular) to see if there is an error that causes the orange light. I feel like there wouldn't be an orange light if the PSU had konked out... But what do i know

*edit- was it in a surge protector?

Last edited by michels10; July 25th, 2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old July 25th, 2008, 03:54 PM

If you had a lightning storm, you heard a loud sound, now you power button is orange and you can't turn on the computer then something is fried. A direct lightning strike can fry a computer regardless of whether or not it is plugged into a surge protector.
Old September 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
When I took it to the computer store i found out that the motherboard was fried =( but atleast i got a new pc cuz of that =D, btw thanks everybody for helping me
Old September 22nd, 2008, 03:02 AM

check the motherboard and power supply connections and smps if nothing display means mostly motherboard would have gone if there is warrenty you go and check
Old September 22nd, 2008, 03:05 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
shankargowri

Don't understand your post, the member already said took it to a computer shop and the motherboard was fried. And got a new PC......