Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 26th, 2007, 05:20 AM

Problems with multiple instances of Dr Watson Debugger running at one time...

Hello and Merry Christmas Everyone,

I have been having the same problem for quite some time now and everything I have tried has failed, can someone please tell me what is going on with my pc...I have freeze ups with my windows when I try to copy and paste from one to the other, also I have found that alot of the time I get little popup bubbles saying one of two things, one: delayed write failed to the slave on my pc, or the data could not be saved. I have tried updating my drivers for all of my hardware, and I am still having the same problem. Can anyone tell me what the culprit could be........I would be SOOOOOOOO Greatful for the help.

Old December 26th, 2007, 04:03 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Can you drag & drop files/folders? When you copy the files goes to the clipboard first.. Also have you tried the file transfer wizard in system tools?
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:46 PM

I can drag and drop, but sometimes I get the pop up bubbles when I do that, why would I try the transfer wizard? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm curious. I am just trying to put music on mp3 players or move files from one folder to a subfolder, things like that, and that isn't the only time I get the message, sometimes I get them after I play a game and try to save it. I have a feeling it might be that I have some sort of infection on the slave, but I don't know how to find out, I have run AVG Free and I am running Spyware Blaster and I don't get anything from scanning with that, is it possible that I have something else that I don't know is there?
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:01 AM

I was just trying to pin down what your problem might be.. Yes, you could very well be infected. No one virus or spyware detector will find all infections.

Spyware blaster doesn't scan for spyware it only tries to block the ones that's in it's data base..

Google.. adaware & spybot, both free. Download,update and run them both..

Here is a very good free online virus scan... http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Last edited by w1che; December 27th, 2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:08 AM

Thank you very much, I am downloading them and will scan with them, I have also downloaded AVG Free, it did find a few trojans and I removed those, is it possible that there are still bits and pieces left from those?
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:18 AM

Yes, let's see what you find first.. You may then have to post a HiJackThis log over in cyber safety so the experts over there can completely clean your system..
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:19 AM

Okay, I will do everything you told me and let you know what I come up with, thanks so much for the help
Old December 27th, 2007, 02:42 AM

Okay, I have now got the results from the Spybot and Ad aware scans, Adaware found 10 infections and removed them and Spybot found Cooltoolbar and I removed that. I am also getting alot of popup "windows explorer needs to close" and "Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger needs to close" messages, can't figure out what that is about, anybody know what could be causing this?
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:01 PM

same here...

did you ever come up with a solution? i have the same problem with IE and Dr Watson crashes. PC is running multiple instances of Dr Watson...
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:34 PM

No, I never did find a problem, but it only happened to me when I was trying to play the sims 2 and I was having other problems with the sims 2 so I uninstalled it and it hasn't happened since. Sucks because the sims 2 is my fav game but at least it hasn't happened again.
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipphere View Post
did you ever come up with a solution? i have the same problem with IE and Dr Watson crashes. PC is running multiple instances of Dr Watson...
No, I never did find a problem, but it only happened to me when I was trying to play the sims 2 and I was having other problems with the sims 2 so I uninstalled it and it hasn't happened since. Sucks because the sims 2 is my fav game but at least it hasn't happened again.