Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 27th, 2007, 08:44 AM

Problems with Windows Explorer

Hi

I keep getting messages that windows explorer encountered a problem and needs to close, I have updated my drivers, defragged the computer, run antivirus and spyware scans, and I can't figure out what the problem is. Can anyone help?
Old December 27th, 2007, 04:24 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Are you running IE6 or IE7? Have you tried a system restore point?
Old December 27th, 2007, 10:33 PM

might be having the same problem

this post is not a solution but This problem sounds close to the one i am having. i have IE6 and have the windows xp service pack 1. what my computer is doing is whan i play anykinda games or running any kinda program. the program will minamize and a message will come up asking if i want to deveate from the current web page i am on...or it will say " your message has not been sent do you wish to continue" well this happens when im not using the internet browsernor have made any kinda message. what i have to do to make the minamizing stop is to end explorer.exe from the task manager. also some time somthing on my applications list will show some program running with Hotmail.com on the name. i have run spy ware scaners and virus sscaners but nothing seemed to work. please help if you can. im about to format my hard drives b/c its making mr so mad.
Old December 28th, 2007, 01:55 AM

I am running Avant Browser and IE7, but I am not having a problem with those, I am having a problem with Windows Explorer which just means that when I open files or folders, sometimes they will close for no reason and then I get the message that "windows explorer needs to close", and then it gives me the option to send an error report or not.