Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:39 PM

Worst virus ever!

Hi Guys,

Sorry to come and plee for help but I'm afraid I am with no other solution

P4 running XP2 proffesional, constantly updated AVG and Microsoft Anti-spy

When I booted my machine on Monday morning the display was all wrong, the red cross to close programmes down was corrupt and icons where stretching every now again. First through device manager, would not let me in.

Search for files or folders will not work.

Start getting message about c:\documents and settings local user blah blah se.dll

Updated and ran avg deleted se.dll

web started loading about:blank

Coulld not go to ANY websites that had forums or support or knowledge base.

Used the internet at work (whicH I don't like doing, ok I do but I don't like loosing my job) and found out about removing se.dll manually using the registry etc., worked fine, se.dll now removed but all of the symptons are still the same bar my browser doesnt go to about:blank anymore but still will not open forums etc.,

It's a complete nightmare, I have to be quick on here as I can't access forums at home and work ends soon, so if anyone is SO KIND I'd really appreciate if you could e-mail any advice about what to do next to mark@lornamusic.co.uk as well as posting on here, I can check for the next hour!

Many thanks and sorry for being lame,

Mark

PS: I can't paste the hijack log from my infected machine as I can't get on any forums
Old May 20th, 2005, 10:59 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
You need to use your work machine to save HJT onto a floppy. Then take it home and transfer the file from the floppy onto the hard drive of your infected machine.

You should then be able to run it on the infected machine. Save the log it creates back onto the floppy and then post the result using your work computer.