Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 31st, 2008, 04:25 AM

hard drive low storage alert

Since Windows 98SE, I can't find the low storage alert for my hard drive on XP Pro. What happened to it? I have two hard drives and I need to keep aware in case I run low on storage. When I open up My Computer I don't see it as I have my window downsized for multiple windows. I liked having that alert in case I loose track of my storage.

Thanks,
Frog
Old March 31st, 2008, 07:32 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Heh. You sound pretty much like the guy who posted the same question on The Elder Geek forum. But maybe not, so I'll assume you're a different guy.

At any rate, the senior member there, Mudhi, posted the correct Microsoft KB article there to use. It's here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324796/en-us
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:14 AM

Hey Isxek, I'm the same guy. I was only trying to see if there are other options for this that might be easier to do. I got into the Add Counters part and couldn't figure out what to select. I was hoping for a simple option like on 98SE. I hate getting over my head because I usually screw things up big time. Sorry you had to read the same problem twice. I guess I'll look at the TreeSize file next.

Frog