Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old May 27th, 2005, 01:42 AM

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services error

Whenever I start up my computer and Windows comes on I get a "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services" error. I get these two errors probably a dozen times before they stop coming up. One of them says Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close. And says send error report or don't send. The other says Data Execution Prevention - Microsoft Windows. To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program. Please help me fix this problem!
Old May 27th, 2005, 02:03 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Welcome to CTHThe error appears in computers with Windows XP Service Pack 2 and security update 873333 (MS05-012) installed. Although this error message appears when you start or restart your computer, the actual error occurs when you shut down your computer. Because the error happens during the shutdown process, Windows can’t notify you until you start your computer again. We do not expect this experience to harm your data or the performance of your computer.

Solution

Microsoft has released an update that fixes the problem you reported. To learn more about the update and how to obtain it, go to the following website:

Update for Windows XP (32-bit)
Old May 27th, 2005, 06:32 PM

I downloaded the update and restarted and the error still comes up. But now the error message only comes up about twice instead of before when it came up probably 10 times each. Let me know if there's anything else I can do about that or if you have any ideas. Thanks
Old March 22nd, 2007, 11:48 PM

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services, Data Execution Prevention

I have the same problem-- 15+ times of closing the error message, sending the report, etc, each time I start up/restart.

I have also installed the pack, and tried to restart. It keeps happening, over 5x.

If there is any more help here that would be great. Thanks.
Old February 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM

Hey people. this works fine..I failed the first couple of times too. In the installation it says close all your programs...It includes your messengers too. Just make sure that your taskbar doesn't have any programs other than your anti-virus's.
Don't forget about daemon eithr!!