Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old December 7th, 2004, 03:06 PM

help, hurry.. Multiple errors

im at a friends computer cause on my computer i try and get on aol,msn,yahoo, internet.. all give the a error has occured dont send or send.. then closes the program.. this is so messed up that microsoft error its it happens everytime.. i have norton security suite.. avg free edition, and anti vis anti virus scanner.. i have got rid of everything ... but avg still picks up somthing in system volume information but it dont pick it up and i cant get to it.. plz hurry what can i do other then reformatting.. system restore wont work

Last edited by igetya; December 7th, 2004 at 03:20 PM.
Old December 7th, 2004, 03:52 PM

plz guys help me... i really need some advice soon
Old December 7th, 2004, 05:27 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Hi igetya - Firstly the virus that AVG is finding in system volume information is a virus in one of your restore points. The only way to get rid of these is to delete your restore points and the only way to delete them is to switch off system restore.
Having done this download Adaware SE from HERE and Spybot S&D from HERE you'll obviously have to do this from your friends computer and burn them on to a disc. Load these on to your computer and run them both. You can safely delete everything they find. This will do a preliminary clean of your system.

Next download HijackThis from HERE save this on your machine in it's own folder on your hard drive eg "C:\HijackThis" restart your machine in safe mode, press F8 at start up. Then run Hijack This. Save the log it creates and post it back in the "Cyber Safety" forum here at CTH.
Old December 9th, 2004, 02:54 PM

thanks anyways but i didnt see the reply so i had to load on dvd roms and then i was able to reformat.. Lost but never forgotten :P
hey but i put zone alarm and free-av (antivis) on .. any other protection programs i need?