Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old November 5th, 2003, 06:18 PM

Question Outlook 97

Hello, itīs my first post here and my english ins't very good.
In my company we have a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 with SP 6 instaled and using Outlook 97. One user as removed the Outlook 97 icon from the desktop and now it can get it back. I tried to reinstall Outlook 97 and make a clean instalation. Nothing had been changed. By going to search in the Internet and the microsoft web site,no luck. I Know that it's in the registry that we can remove or change,but i still can't find another solution.

Could anyone help ??
Old November 5th, 2003, 09:23 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Welcome to CTH nexus_xp. Are you using the shortcut bar? Has the icon been deleted from there too? I've turned it off on my desktop and use the individual icons.

I just put the Outlook 97 Icon on my desktop by going to Program Files > Microsoft Office > Office > Shortcut Bar and copying the shortcut and pasting it on my desktop.
Old November 6th, 2003, 11:04 AM

more info

I know how to do that. My situation is the desktop icon that have special funcionality on the desktop. When you install for the first time it appears on the desktop (not the shortcut) and if you tried to remove it appear a msg saying that removing the ....!! it's this icon i want it back. I tried to do like "AnnMarie" says but is only a shortcut icon.
Thanks for the help "AnnMarie".

Could anyone help me again ??
Old November 7th, 2003, 03:35 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I think you are referring to the Shortcut Bar nexus_xp. See if this article helps Using the Microsoft Office 97 Shortcut Bar.