Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old February 28th, 2011, 10:43 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Win7 Home Premium Sleep Mode/Powering Off

I believe this issued started just after I downloaded SP1. The unit is set to go into sleep mode, which it use to do. Now instead of going into sleep mode its powering off. When I power the unit back on its giving me a Win7 was not properly shut down.

I've tried to research the issue, but I can't determine if the issue is software or hardware related.
Old March 1st, 2011, 12:08 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Re-check all your drivers. SP1 may of replaced one. Make sure you have all the updated drivers for your devices. See if that helps. I believe it's a driver issue, most likely Video or lan driver.
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:02 AM

Things seem to point to the Nvidia drivers, however even after uninstalling/Cleaning and reinstalling the issue still persist. I did update other drivers for the other peripherals. Outside of a format reload I'm at a bit of a loss.
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:16 PM

After doing some additional searching I had the good fortune of finding a solution. It would appear to be a SP1 issue, as removing SP1 corrects the problem. Here are the steps to correct the issue should you be experiencing this with the SP1 update.

Right Click Desktop>Personalize>Screen Saver>Change Power Settings>Choose When To Turn Off The Display or Change When The Computer Sleeps>Change Advanced Power Settings>Changing Settings That Are Currently Unavailable>Sleep>Allow Hybrid Sleep> (Turn OFF).
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:55 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Thanks for letting us know. I personnaly haven't installed SP1 yet. Good to know.