Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:21 PM

Thumbs up Cloning Hard drive

I just get around to try cloning the hard drive using HDclone but i have a few questions before i mess up , my 'C' drive is IBM-Preload and my 'F' drive is Maxtor when i tried to clone it , it shows Source drive as # 1 IDE 39,206 mb- Maxtor 2 F040j0 and under it is IBM-Preload -Fat 39,206 mb in fade writing #2 IDE 39,206 mb -Maxtor 2F040j0 and under it is F: (unnamed) -Fat32 39,206 mb in fade writing.
It also shows Maxtor as the Source drive.
a) I taught that the 'C' drive should be the Source drive and the 'F' drive should be the Taeget drive.

Please advise i really can't afford to mess up.

I just want to add some more information ,I use a different hard drive as my ' F drive ' now it look correct showing the 'C Drive as Source and the 'F Drive as Target,
a) my first question is why it show this 'F Drive ' as Target and the other 'F Drive as source ( the first one ) .?
Now when i tried to clone the 'C Drive' i got the following message Drive C: could not be opened for exclusive read access, please close all other applications and files. then 'retry' In case exclusive access is still denied,use the self booting HD clone.
Copies without exclusive access may have errors.
I closed all programs retied and got the same message .
Please advise how to overcome these problems