Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:07 AM

Angry Strange Connectivity Issue - moved by Jintan

Hi.
My friend and I have been having a network issue for quite some time and have not been able to figure out the problem.
The problem is this: we cannot connect to each other in games when using Hamachi or Tunngle. Also when attempting to play GTA IV online together without Hamachi or Tunngle, we cannot connect to each others games. When my friend is on a public server, I can join but he is removed from the server. When I am on a server, he simply cannot join.

This problem becomes ever more weird due to the fact this this issue is not affecting my connectivity with any other people. In other words, I can connect to anyone else though Hamachi, Tunngle and GTA with ease. My friend can also do the same with other people. It's just that when me and him try, it always fails.
Port forwarding did not solve the problem with either GTA IV, Hamachi or Tunngle.

The three applications, Hamachi, Tunngle and GTA IV Online, are the only times when this problem occurs, so far. There are many other online games that we can actually play together with no problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have been looking this issue up for ages, with no luck.
Thank you in advance.
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:11 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome to CTH HazMatt082,

Best I might offer is to move this thread to the CTH Gaming forum. Maybe someone there may have suggestions.