Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:33 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Incredible lag on ps3 please help.

Hello all,

I have been having lots of problems with lag, I don't play alot of gaming and only play on one game really (FIFA 13) on the PS3. Over the last few years at different times I have experienced very bad lag, the first instance I had lag and tried to solve with my ISP over a period of about 6 months but I could not get the issue sorted. This led to me changing my ISP, miraculously, the lag was gone when I started with my new ISP.

After several months or a year ish of decent gameplay with the new ISP, the trend set in and the lag started to come and go, I put up with it for probably another 12 months, but it got worse and worse and rather than not being laggy very much it went to being laggy all the time etc. I done the same with the ISP to try to resolve, cut a long stoy short they couldn't fix it. So had to move ISP again. This time I done some more research on ISP's, gaming, throttling, network management etc etc, as all I wanted is for it to work correctly, I chose Plusnet, this is who I am with now.

Again when I changed to Plusnet, the lag disappeared straight away! Very Happy!! However sometime into my time here and this was about 18 months ago I started to get lag, and it got worse and worse blah blah blah. I had done various phone calls, emails, and tests and trials etc over about a 6 month period, but was still the same. The case got transferred to a different person and whatever was done it got fixed and I was back to normal lag free gaming which was great.

Now 12 months on from here, I find myself back in the same position , my ISP has been working with me over the last 3 months and have been helpful in trying to sort the issue out but so far to no avail.

I still have the lag now.

Please can anyone help me or suggest what to do next.

Thankyou,

JIO22.
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:09 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Hi,

As anyone got any views or know if line contention could be the cause of my problems?

I'm thinking it could be to do with this, maybe...

Thanks.