Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old August 11th, 2007, 03:25 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
PLEASE READ THE INFO, WITH THESE PROGRAMS

LINK,
http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility.html

LINK.
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...user_guide.pdf
Old September 28th, 2007, 04:28 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Glad I'm reading through this now! I'm experiencing similar problems while playing World of Warcraft, with the FPS simply going through the floor. I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop with an ATI Radeon 9M in it, and my computer does simply shut itself off if I don't have the cooling fanpad underneath it running. That helps a good amount, but reading through this it seems as if I /might/ be able to increase the fan speed of the core fan in the laptop with those ATI Tray tools.

My question is, I've always been really hesitant of overclocking. I know it fries out the videocard if you're not extremely careful, and while I'd love to play World of Warcraft without it being a bunch of pictures clicking together, I'd also love to not have to buy a whole new video card or more. My question is: this seems to have controls for overclocking the fan itself. Does overclocking the fan hold any risks? Can you only make the fan run faster without any risk to any of the other internal components or the fan itself?

I'm also just thinking of upgrading my 256 memory stick up to a 512 so I've got the full 1G of max RAM - I just don't know if that extra 256 memory is /really/ going to make /all/ that much of a difference in the end for an extra $50. Ideas/opinions, anyone?
Old September 28th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Hmmm. I downloaded the ATI Tray tools, but the main reason I downloaded it and what I was looking for - the fan control - in the 'Hardware > overclock settings > fan' tells me that there's no supported hardware found. I know I've obviously got a fan in my laptop, but I take it this is perhaps built more for desktops, would be my vague guess?

Anyone know how I might be able to fix this, because I've opened up every dialog box and menu settings this program provides, and it doesn't have anywhere that I can get it to recognize and control the fan within this laptop. In that 'fan control' box, it has the '[ ] Include in profile' line but it's all grayed out, and below it is just the black text: No supported hardware found. Any thoughts on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
Old October 1st, 2007, 04:50 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
if you have a fan on the laptop graphic chip,
it control by the mobo bios and voltages,
ati tools is design for use with the ati graphic cards and the graphic cards bios
not mobo ati graphic chipsets,
as these chips are mobo bios driven,
I dould if any changes you to try to make will work as the program can not mod the laptops mobo bios,
And save them,
quote,
I'm also just thinking of upgrading my 256 memory stick up to a 512 so I've got the full 1G of max RAM - I just don't know if that extra 256 memory is /really/ going to make /all/ that much of a difference in the end for an extra $50. Ideas/opinions, anyone?

Any increase in RAM will speed things up and make your apps and game run better,

Last edited by liondad; October 1st, 2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old November 4th, 2007, 02:21 PM

Wow, I just had this problem in a topic on another board. I'm installing another fan because it keeps overheating and I used Speed Fan to increase my speed. That program works too for anybody with this problem.
Old March 4th, 2008, 09:31 PM

I downloaded Riva Tuner, there are no help files. Website tutorial show different "windows" after clicking on the same tabs I have......very confusing.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM

unfortunately this doesn't work, as ati tray tools doesn't detect my Graphics card Fan.
Closed Topic