Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old August 16th, 2004, 04:48 PM

Exclamation game problem please help?

i just got this game yesterday nascar thunder 2004 by ea sports and when i get to clicking anything in the start game area my whole pc locks up key board mouse and sound loud hum have to cut my pc off by the kill button on my tower my pc has all the system requirments but for some reason its locking my pc up downloaded update video driver and there were no new driver for the game still same thing can someone please help
Old August 16th, 2004, 05:53 PM

Punctuation, my friend.

Have you tried reinstalling the game? If that doesn't help, try updating windows at www.windowsupdate.com, just in case.
Old August 16th, 2004, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Bunny
Punctuation, my friend.

Have you tried reinstalling the game? If that doesn't help, try updating windows at www.windowsupdate.com, just in case.
SORRY about the punctuation I just typed it real quick, And paste it in a few other forums so now I am getting slap by everyone ..lol I have updated everything you can just about think of. And reinstall the game. Updated video driver,and directX driver Still get the same lockup. Tryed other games after and they work fine.Even tryed Battlefield a few weeks ago, It lagged a little butnever locked up..The only thing since then is a new dvd-r and took my cd-r out thats it.
Old August 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM

Have you tried the game developer's forums? I had incredible trouble with Eve Online a few months back, and found out that my graphics card with the latest drivers (and about 4 versions preceding it) was simply incompatible. Others may have had (and maybe solved) the same problems as you.