Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:19 PM

Moniter goes black and PC starts making a buzzing noise

Since last thursday I've been experiencing a very odd issue. I initially assumed it was due to overheating, but the circumstances don't add up.

Basically what happens is the moniter goes black, and the computer tower starts making a loud buzzing noise, where its coming from exactly I cannot say.The computer itself remains on though, and the audio still works. I was chatting with some buddies over battle.net and was still able to converse with them after it went black.

When this happens seems to be entirely random. 3 times it happened when I was just browsing the web and 2 times it happened when I had just booted up a game to play. Most curiously though, it never happened once during the weekend. Its started happening again today and I'm at wits end. I took a (bad) video of one of the crashes in case it would be of any help.

https://youtu.be/X6np5GdDwpE

My specs are:
MSI Intel Skylake Motherboard
Intel Core i5-6500
8gb RAM
64 bit OS
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
EVGA 80 Plus 600w PSU

Would appreciate any help on getting this matter fixed.

Last edited by kama621; June 5th, 2017 at 10:26 PM.
Old June 5th, 2017, 11:27 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
simple stuff first, open the case and make sure it is dust free. make sure all cards and cables are securely plugged in. also make sure the cable between the monitor and computer is properly plugged in.
Old June 7th, 2017, 03:00 PM

Opened up the case and did some inspection. Everything seemed to be in order, wasn't alot of dust despite this rig reaching its sixth month mark. The pin to the graphics seemed slightly loose so I tightened it up. Also tighted up the 24 pin connector just in case. Gonna see if it paid off.

Also of note is that buzzing noises are coming from the Graphics card. The two fans were revving up like a car, so its clearly linked to the GPU. I got this card back in December and have had no problems with it til now. Certainly hope its not something major...