Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old December 17th, 2016, 06:47 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Unhappy ***HELP NEEDED*** I royally f***ed myself here

My computer has been very slow to run, so slow that some games installed wont even run like they have been previously (GTA V) I tried to start it, it came up with an error code and I clicked the link for support and it brought up support hints for it on how to get it to try and run faster.. I have Steam version of GTA 5 and clicking the link it went to a steam discussion about what to turn off in terms of programs and such and I read that you can go to msconfig, startup> disable all... well I knew not to do that and I went to a list of all services that start on startup/bootup and I unchecked the ones I know I don't need such as teamspeak etc.. we what I didn't know is that I had the "disable all windows services" checkmarked and I restarted, not knowing that, and now nothing works on my other computer... not windows search (I looked on the internet on how to restart services via cmd prompt) but still no luck.. as windows search wont work, so I cant do a restore point (restore point didn't even cross my mind until I read that I should make one before I disabled such services)... one thing I found is create a bat file with "net start[service name]... which I did after googling "windows Services," but nothing has worked....... is there anything I can run from a USB or something that will restore all services and any associated ones with it, to make my computer run as it was???

Windows 10 64 bit
8GB RAM
AMD 8310 CPU
R9 GPU

Last edited by Dimension5100; December 17th, 2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old December 18th, 2016, 05:01 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
see if the following will help

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/wi...configuration/
Old December 18th, 2016, 11:09 AM

TY I will try this once I get home from work later this morning.

Last edited by Dimension5100; December 18th, 2016 at 04:08 PM.
Old December 18th, 2016, 04:58 PM

No, that did not help me at all since I already have a list of resources run by Windows.. Every time i open something up or try and search for anything like msconfig or services.msc the cursor does nothing because I dont have Windows search service running.
I need something that I can run real quick so that the services will start without needing to go into msconfig and start them there since i have the search issue with no running search service.
I did try to do the cmd promp thing where you do net c/ servcie start "service name" thing but im not typinng it in right and cmd prompt doesnt seem to want to open with admin privelages...

I also tried going into the bios to try and figure out how to boot in safe mode but nothing there....
Old December 18th, 2016, 08:06 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
1, You do not get to Safe Mode in the BIOS.

2. In Windows 10, if you can is to use the Shift + Restart combination. Open the Start menu and click or tap on the Power button Then, while keeping the Shift key pressed, click or tap on Restart

3. Or try rebooting and holding down the "shift" + F8 keys

4. Also maybe when you get to the Log on Screen, bottom right see if you see Restart, if its there then hit "Shift" key and Restart.

Haven't tried this on Windows 10 but worth a try:
http://www.wintips.org/how-to-restor...default-state/
Old December 18th, 2016, 09:58 PM

I did the shift restart thing on the login screen and I used a restore point from the 14th.... everything is pretty much back to the way it was other than Chrome acting up... I dont know whats going on there.

all is fixed.. now to figure out why my Windows account doesnt have admin rights..

Thanks everyone.

(you can close/lock/delete this now)