Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old February 14th, 2024, 10:38 PM

Angry Website crashing to black

Subscribed to an adult website named Adult Time. No where in the sign up process is there any mention of the requirement to use Chrome browser for the site to work.

I use Firefox exclusively. My experience with Chrome is that it quickly makes everything on my computer sluggish.

For many months, Adult Time worked fine. Past month, when I scroll on the site, it often crashes to black. When I play a video and try to either fast forward or rewind, crashes to black.

No other sites on the internet have any issues whatsoever.

I got what I regard as pretty hostile, evasive and dishonest feedback from "tech support":

Gamma Support Bot15:58
Can you provide some details before we get started?

15:59
Submit
What is the issue or what isn't working? : Scrolling anywhere on the site makes the site go black. Fast forwared or reverse inside any video causes the site to go black
(Optional) What is the error message you receive, if any? : no error message
Are you currently awaiting a reply from a ticket/email about this inquiry? : No
Gamma Support Bot15:59
Thank you for the info! Please click below to speak with your agent.

You are No.0 in the queue. Our average wait time is less than one minute. Thank you for your patience.
Agent Krystle has joined the chat.
Krystle16:00
Thank you for contacting Gamma Support, I hope you're doing well! 🙂
16:00
Hello
Krystle16:01
I'll be glad to help you with that. May I have the last 4 digits of the card that we billed? Also, could you let me know please are you currently awaiting a reply from a ticket/email about this inquiry?
16:02
It was either 3945 or 2040
Krystle16:02
Thank you. Please wait a moment
Krystle16:04
please try with google chrome and see if the same issue occurs
16:05
Ok, hold on.
Krystle16:06
sure
16:06
No, that won't work. I sign in on Firefox using cookies. I do not memorize user names and passwords, so Chrome is not possible for me to use.
Krystle16:07
I checked your account and it works. I fast forwarded and rewinded and there was no black screen. You may need to use a different browser for the site to work properly or there may be an update with Firefox
16:07
Nothing else on the internet gives me any problem like this, and I always only use Firefox.
16:07
Chrome is a resource hog.
Krystle16:08
I understand. sometimes when there is an update with firefox users encounter issues until the update occurs
Krystle16:08
the recommended browser for the site is google chrome since it updates more efficiently
16:10
Can you provide me a link showing where the site warns users that they must use Chrome?
Krystle16:10
there is no link. when you come in for technical support we recommend that browser especially if you are having issues with Firefox
16:11
Google states that Firefox automatically updates itself, so what i'm using is up to date. What I'm asking you is, WHERE before paying any money to sign up, do you warn people that they have to use Chrome?
Krystle16:12
I understand. unfortunately the website is running properly since i tested it via your account therefore the issues you are experiencing is based on what you use
Krystle16:12
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
16:12
Yes, you can answer my actual question.
Krystle16:13
there is no warning. it was answered already when you come in to chat for tech support we recommend testing on a different browser after checking your account to see if the site is working
Krystle16:13
in your case the account works perfectly therefore switching browsers may help you however the choice is yours
16:14
So, you admit that before a person pays for the site, you DO NOT WARN Them that Chrome is required?
Krystle16:14
both browsers work with the site. since you are having issues with Firefox we recommend trying with Google Chrome as mentioned several times already
However the choice is yours '
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
16:15
No, Firefox is NOT working, as you yourself stated.
Krystle16:15
I testes your account and the site is working you are using Firefox and you state it is not working for you
Clearly the issue is the browser or something on your end
Please test with Google chrome to see if it will work
16:16
Did you test my account using Firefox? If not, how can you state as you did that the site works with both browsers?
Krystle16:16
This conversation is going nowhere and since you refuse to use a different browser or device to at least check i am ending this chat
Krystle16:16
Thank you for contacting Gamma Support and have a great day!
We're here 24/7 if you need anything else. 🙂👋
Old February 15th, 2024, 05:28 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I do not go to sites that are incomparable with my browser and my settings. I too use Firefox and I have an ad blocker installed. Never found a site that wouldn't work, however some insist I disable my ad blocker. I won't do that and I exit the site and go somewhere else.

If the site you wish to visit will not work on the browser of your choice, I'd be asking for a refund of any subscription I'd paid. That said all modern browsers are said to be W3C compliant. So check that you have the latest version on Firefox, I have 122.0.1 (64-bit) and can see the signup page of the site you visited without any problems.

Just in case there is a problem with your Firefox settings take a look at refreshing your installation of Firefox, the details of which can be found here.