Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old October 4th, 2004, 01:08 AM

Lost Primary & Secondary IDE Controller (single fifo)

I have lost both my CD-RW & DVD-R/RW. Checking the Device Manager, I find both the Primary and Secondalry IDE Controllers (single fifo) splatted, I deleted the Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller (dual fifo), rebooted the machine which recognized the Dual PCI IDE Controller and supposedly the Primary and Secondary IDE Controllers. The machine did npt pick up the Primary or Secondary Controllers. I then went to regedit and editedthe NOIDEfile, deleting its entries, except for the default file ((value not set). It would not go away. Going back to the Device Managwe, I ran Update Driver, only to be tolfd that "The best driver is already insalled n yourmacine" and citted it as C:\WINDOWS\INF\MDNHDC.LNF. I checked the data ribbon vables for tightness of fit, borh at ehe motherboard and into the CD.DVD units. I am at my wits end. Ineedhelp,soHELP.
Old October 4th, 2004, 07:56 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Is it an Intel set-up?