Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old January 14th, 2023, 12:27 AM

O/S: Linux
Classified information...

Hi Folks,
I am finding it quite puzzling as to why President Biden is now leaving classified documents in a variety of locations since the Republicans gained the house.
Even more puzzling is to why he did given the hoo ha over the former leader doing the same thing much earlier.
Old January 14th, 2023, 06:14 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Not being a US citizen and not being aligned with either of their parties I believe I can offer a plausible explanation. I expect that the recently revealed documents were not very important, were not missed and were left in the garage by accident, while the earlier mentioned documents were sensitive, were stolen for political gain and were found because they were missed and looked for.

I expect we will eventually find out, however there is a possibility that the explanation will be clouded by political bias and skewed significantly.
Old January 14th, 2023, 10:04 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Here's probably far more than you want to know:
The first stash of documents were discovered Nov 2, 2022, 4 days before the mid-term elections and turned over to the National Archives. More documents were discovered over the following weeks and US Attorney Lausch was appointed to investigate.
9 weeks to the day after the first documents were found, the public was told.
After the last discovery, and two days after it all went public, Garland appointed a Special Counsel, Robert Hur, to take over the investigation.
Nobody outside the circles of power knows for sure why the news was withheld or why it was finally released.
Speculations include it went public because the Democrats will use it to stop Biden from running for a second term.
The main focus of most of the opinions I'm reading online is the hypocrisy of how Trump was savaged by the media and the Democrats for his classified documents versus how gently Biden is being slapped on the wrist.
Old January 15th, 2023, 05:15 PM

Pretty stupid leaving them where someone can find them!!

I dont believe that BS he didnt know he had them!!
Old January 18th, 2023, 06:38 AM

O/S: Linux
Thanks Miz,
I do not have any political leanings but find this seems to be getting just a little muddy